Goat anti-GST Polyclonal IgG Antibody
What is this Antibody ?
The Goat anti-GST (Glutathione S-transferase) Polyclonal IgG Antibody is an antibody derived from goat serum that specifically targets and binds to the GST protein or GST-tagged fusion proteins.
Here is some information about this antibody:
- Specificity: The antibody is designed to specifically recognize and bind to the GST protein or GST-tagged fusion proteins. GST is commonly used as a fusion tag in recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Host Species: The antibody is derived from goat serum, indicating that it is produced by immunizing goats with GST protein or the corresponding antigenic peptide.
- Antibody Class: The Goat anti-GST Polyclonal IgG Antibody belongs to the polyclonal antibody class. Polyclonal antibodies are generated by multiple B-cell clones, resulting in a mixture of antibodies that recognize different epitopes on the target protein.
- Applications: The antibody can be used in various applications, including Western blotting, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofluorescence (IF), immunoprecipitation (IP), and affinity purification of GST-tagged proteins. The specific applications and recommended dilutions may vary depending on the manufacturer and the intended use.
- Handling and Storage: The antibody should be stored according to the provided instructions, typically at a recommended temperature (e.g., -20°C or -80°C) to maintain its stability and activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Dilution and Usage: The recommended antibody dilution and usage conditions may vary depending on the specific application, target protein concentration, and experimental setup. It is essential to consult the product datasheet or user manual for precise instructions and optimization guidelines.
- Supplier Information: The antibody is commercially available from various suppliers and manufacturers. It is advisable to select a reputable supplier known for providing high-quality antibodies with good performance.